Writing skills are considered as the most important part of the communication. If you want to convey your message in an effective, clear and easy way, then you should have impressive writing skills. Moreover, if a foreigner wants to get a degree from the most famous university in the UK, then his/her writing skills should also be impressive.
Its reason is that you will have to complete a lot of academic papers and final exams and the only way to get the best results is to complete all of these papers in the best English language. Here, we will provide 10 most important tips that are helpful for the non-native students to improve the writing skills.
- The first and the most important tip to improve the writing skills is that you should try to use the active voice sentences instead of the passive voice sentences. Its reason is that the excessive use of the passive voice sentences is considered as the most common manifestation of bad writing.
- While creating the best content for the dissertation, thesis, essay or any other academic paper, there is no need to use the easy words only. Along with these easy words, it is also necessary for you to use the stronger words.
- You should try to cut the chaff while writing any kind of the academic paper. Its reason is that the best academic paper should be simple, clear, and direct.
- The use of clichés is also prohibited while creating a monument the best content. Therefore, you should try to use the phrases, ideas, and situations in a simple way without clichés.
- There is no need to use a lot of generalizations while creating the best content for your academic papers. Some students don’t have any idea about the generalizations. For their information, use of generalization means to use the words like these “In this article, In this sentence or In these words” in your content.
- If it is necessary for you to use the different metaphors and similes in your academic paper, then you should try to use these metaphors and similes with caution.
- The most important tip that really works for the non-native students is that they should try to read out the best content in order to improve the writing skills. Its reason is that by reading the best content, they will be able to know that how to create the best content for their own academic papers. For this purpose, you should try to read out the most interesting content like magazines, newspapers etc.
- When you are going to write down anything, then you should make sure that you are clear on the concepts that you are going to write.
- Try to restrict yourself to the point. There is no need to over-explain
- You should try to eliminate the filler words and other phrases from your content.
These are the most important tips that are helpful for the students to improve the writing skills. If you are a non-native student and you don’t have impressive English writing skills, then you can place an order for your academic paper to the PhD Dissertation writing services for the best results.
According to the principles of writing and research, essay and dissertation differ in many ways that are discussed below:
- Major differences in definitions
When we explore the definitions of both writing styles, it concludes that essay is a literature-based piece of writing that is generally used to discuss a specific topic and the facts related to that issue.Generally, the essay takes up several writing styles such as investigative, based on notions, or elaborating the information.Essays can be just a fictional description of some hypothetical occurrences whereas dissertation is based on a scientific data and has a specific purpose.The definition of dissertation implies clearly that it is related to educational purposes and may lead to a graduation degree for a person. Dissertation is a short appraisal of the research project a student intends to initiate for his or her university years, whereas, the essay may just be a short academic assignment or a general publishing.
- Length of the content
A very major an undeniable difference between an essay and dissertation is that essay in usually shorter than a dissertation. An essay may consist of 300-500 words or maybe some take it to 650 but a longer essay is not known. In addition, the other problem such a long essay can create is that it will become boring and meaningless. On the other side dissertation has to cover many elements and every sub heading requires to be properly elaborated. Therefore, the word count in a dissertation may reach up to 14000.
- Source of information
Another difference lies in the source of information these two styles use to emphasize on their objective. Essay writers gather information and references from the already done researches in the world to prove their point. They even take up the paradigm of philosophy and religion to further support the topic. Whereas a dissertation poses a question and intends to form a new research base for proving the hypothesis. They may mention other researches done on the same hypothesis but that is just given. The main source of information are the tools a person will use in effort to gather data from a variety of people. Dissertation lays down the plan for a student to find fresh evidences to conclude a certain hypothesis. Essay writers are then going to use this conclusion to prove their point.
- Remarkable difference in format
Essays is just a discussion divided into few paragraphs on a specific topic but a dissertation has several sub headings such as introduction, literature review, methodology, discussion, conclusions, references, appendices. These parts may vary but the point is that dissertation is a more planned piece of writing.
- Purpose differ as well
The basic objective of both vary quite clearly as an essay can be written just for literature purposes or it is just an assignment. However, a dissertation is the way to get a degree; no one can skip this step to get through college. There is clear difference between the purpose of these two writing pieces.
Students face a lot of problems when they are faced with the tough task of writing a dissertation. It is not tough because it is long and requires lots of hard work but writing a dissertation is a tough job because it requires students to process a lot of information, analyze a number of researchers and coordinate all of them together to come up with the right thesis and work on it and present it the right way to their teachers. It is not easy to accomplish and this is the main reason why students face so many problems when they are asked to write a dissertation.
However, it is important to mention here that most of the problems that students face when writing a research paper are their own and self-created. It is because they fail to attend the classes on time when teachers are explaining what dissertations are and how they should be done the best way. Along with this, the students do not pay attention and read the guidelines closely provided by dissertation writing services which tell them a lot about what they should do for writing a top quality and custom dissertation.
There are some real typical problems that most of the students face when they are writing dissertations. This article discusses some of these problems and helps the students understand what they should do to make sure they are on the right track and produce the best papers for their teachers.
The first problem that students face when writing dissertations is that students fail to understand the topic or they do not pay enough attention to gather what the topic is all about. They start researching and writing without thinking what they actually are required to do. Instead of being on the right track, the students find themselves on the wrong side which only leads to further problems for them as they come to know that they have been working in the wrong direction for writing a summary all this time.
Another typical problem that students face when writing dissertations is getting a teacher or a supervisor with whom they are unable to work. There are some supervisors who are really good and help students the best way but there are others who are not so cordial and the students find it really hard to approach these supervisors and develop a good working relationship with them. The best thing for students to do in this regard is to establish a good relationship with their teachers which enable them to succeed in their assignments.
Another typical problem faced by students is that of procrastination and all the resulting conflicts that arises because of this one problem. Hence they get help from dissertation writing experts to solve the problem. Students think they have a long time to work on their paper before they have to submit it to their teachers and this creates all the troubles. By the time the deadline rolls in, the students find out that they have not worked on their dissertation and they have nothing to present to their teachers. This is one problem that almost all students face and need to work on it to avoid such troubles.